Spaulding: Making the Commitment to Adoption
This is a two day training on September 11 & 12, 2020.
The Spaulding program is offered to prospective adoptive families. Spaulding training offers families the tools and information that they need to:
• Explain how adoptive families are different
• Importance of separation, loss, and grief in adoption
• Understand attachment and its importance in adoption
• Anticipate challenges and be able to identify strategies for managing challenges as an adoptive family
• Explore the lifelong commitment to a child that adoption brings